Monday 27 May 2013

An Early Ming Charger


I simply love it when innocent diggers unearth treasures in their farm plot.  This early Ming Minyao charger (as seen in the spontaneous yet simple design) is my baby. My perfect charger is about 10inches in diameter (guesstimate) is free from any cracks, chips and restoration.  It's Swatow / Zhangzhou ware as typified by the grits at the bottom of the rim, and the design is Ming.   I do hope there are more finds underneath the Philippine soil. Price? Let's just say it's cheap considering the overall state of the item.

You can find some similar items here: Zhangzhou Ware Found in the Philippines

Would I sell it? I may, depends on the offer. Leave a comment and we'll see.



4 comments:

  1. Good Day,

    I have a ceramic piece that was dug up in a specific location here in Bulacan, Our family used ran a land quarrying business at Bulacan and luckily one of our workers found this when they dug up the river bed,It was dug decades ago and I'm thinking to sell this piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jordan, That's great. You can bring that item to any antique shop and hope they'll give you a good price. If you have pics of the piece, I'd be happy to discuss it via email.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply, May I ask for an email address where I'll be sending some pics, Thanks and God Bless.

      Delete
    3. Got it,ill be sending some pics later.thanks.

      Delete